Thank you for your interest in the Virtual Royal Air Force. We are pleased that you want to join our team. Before you submit your application form, we would like to introduce our organization and the expectations we have of our members:
IF YOU ARE NEW TO FLYING, THIS MAY NOT BE THE PLACE FOR YOU.
Our flight instructors are here to assist you through the training phases accordingly. If you are unsure of how to perform basic IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) procedures such as; filing flight plans, flying SIDs, STARs and approaches, following airspace restrictions and communicating with ATC, please do not apply.
WE ARE NOT A VIRTUAL AIRLINE.
The virtual Royal Air Force is a unique organization with a challenging training curriculum that requires determination and perseverance. New pilots must undergo an average of 20 hours of flight training before being considered a combat ready pilot.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP
If you are interested in joining vRAF please read the following requirements:
- You must have a valid VATSIM CID.We check each applicant to ensure they have a valid CID on file. If we cannot locate your VATSIM CID, your application will be automatically rejected.
- You must have at at least 25 hours of flying IFR flights on the VATSIM network, which will be checked prior to joining.
- You must own a legal copy of one of the following products:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- Microsoft Flight Simulator: Steam Edition
- Prepar3D (Preferred)
- We DO NOT support FS2004 or XPlane
- You must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- You must own a working Microphone for use with TeamSpeak 3 and VATSIM.
- You must be able to follow basic procedures and commands while flying within an IFR environment. We will not teach you basic IFR or VFR flying skills.
- You must know how to use vPilot and Teamspeak 3.
- Agree and adhere to the vRAF Standing Orders.
- Agree to the vRAF Standing Orders. Found Here
After your application has been reviewed by the team you will be required to complete a short test to see if you have the basic knowledge required. This will be sent out via E-Mail to the address you will have provided in the application. Please remember to check your Junk Mail.
Successful applicants from this stage will be invited to a short interview as training spaces are limited and we want to recruit dedicated pilots.
By ticking the box you confirm that you meet all the requirements for membership stated above.