Thank you for your interest in the Virtual Royal Air Force. We are pleased that you want to join our team. Before you submit your application form, we would like to introduce our organization and the expectations we have of our members:
WE HOLD OURSELVES TO HIGH STANDARDS
Our flight instructors are here to assist you through the training phases accordingly but unfortunately we do not have the training capacity to teach basic IFR or VFR flying skills. If you are new to flying this may not be the place for you.
WE ARE NOT A VIRTUAL AIRLINE
The virtual Royal Air Force is a unique organization with a challenging training curriculum that requires determination and perseverance. New pilots must undergo an average of 20 hours of flight training before being considered a combat ready pilot.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MEMBERSHIP
If you are interested in joining vRAF please read the following requirements, we check each application to for validity and compliance. You must;
- Have a valid VATSIM CID.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have at at least 25 hours of IFR flight time on the VATSIM network.
- Be able to file a flight plan, fly SIDs, STARs and approaches using raw data, follow airspace restrictions and communicate with ATC
- A good working knowledge of a supported simulators: (We do NOT support Xplane)
- Prepar3D (Preferred)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- Microsoft Flight Simulator: Steam Edition
- Own a working Microphone for use with TeamSpeak 3 and VATSIM.
- Know how to use vPilot and Teamspeak 3.
- Agree to the vRAF Operations Manual. Found Here
After your application has been reviewed by the team you will be required to complete a short test to see if you have the basic knowledge required. This will be sent out via E-Mail to the address you will have provided in the application. Please remember to check your Junk Mail.
Successful applicants from this stage may be invited to a short interview as training spaces are limited and we want to recruit dedicated pilots.
By ticking the box you confirm that you meet all the requirements for membership stated above.